I just tried this idea for the first time yesterday, and I really liked the way it made me think.
I felt proud of myself yet determined to do better all at the same time.
Last night, my list went something like this:
I think I did good with...
1. My lesson at church. It was well prepared and the YW seemed to enjoy my handouts.
2. Keeping the kids reverent during Sacrament Meeting. They were definitely better than last week.
3. Making a yummy dish for the branch potluck. Chicken Divan in a crock pot- easy and yummy.
4. Hostessing our friends for dinner. Yummy food and great company is never a bad thing!
5. Decorating for Ryan's birthday tomorrow so he can see streamers and balloons first thing in the morning.
Tomorrow I will focus on...
1. Making Ryan's birthday fun and making him feel special.
2. Being slower to anger.
3. Letting Rob know I love and appreciate him.
4. Managing my time better and staying productive.
5. Eating healthier.
I actually used this list in my prayers last night, telling my Heavenly Father what I did well that day and what I need His help on for tomorrow. It added variety to my prayer-I felt like I wasn't just thanking Him and asking Him for the same things.
I'd like to remember to do this every day, and so I am making it a challenge. Anyone who would like to join with me, I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment with a link to your 5 Things Challenge list and we can all help motivate and encourage each other!